Summary of the process of new online course development for adjuncts:
- New online course is approved by Curriculum Committee, College Senate and College President, or course is part of an already approved online program (such as Vet Tech BBA, Nursing BSN)
- Program conducts search for instructor.
- After instructor is chosen, department/division secretary sends New Instructor Info Sheet (see attachments above) to instructor.
- After instructor returns New Instructor Info Sheet, department/division secretary submits User Account Request Form to initiate process of setup for @delhi email, 800# and PIN.
- Department/division secretary provides Office of the Provost with completed New Instructor info Sheet and course information (alpha/numeric designation, full course title, number of credits, semester course will be taught).
- Secretary to the Provost sends letter to the instructor chosen by the program. (cc: Coordinator, Divsion Dean, Secretary, Department Chair). Letter states that payment will occur after course is developed and approved. (see sample letter in attachments above.)
- Department/division secretary notifies Online Coordinator with instructor's contact info.
- Department/division secretary puts course into Banner / created in Vancko Hall.
- Online Coordinator gets in touch with instructor regarding guidelines, training and support for course development.
- Instructor completes any necessary training and develops the course with assistance of Online Coordinator.
- The course is reviewed by Online Coordinator for technology/workability/support issues and by 1-2 peers for content, rigor, pedagogy.
- Any final revisions are made and course is approved by Online Coordinator.
- Online Coordinator sends note to Dean, Division Secretary and Provost that course is developed and adjunct can be paid for developed course.
- Department/division secreteary prepares adjunct/extra service contract and Fund Allocation for Personal Service form for reimbursement of course development and sends to Provost, after contract and form are signed by department chair/dean.
- Provost signs and secretary to the Provost puts the contract in the mail to the instructor and immediately brings a copy to Human Resources.
- HR starts the process of putting the person on the payroll
- If course has sufficient enrollment to run, department/division secretary prepares adjunct/extra service TEACHING contract and sends to Provost, after contract is signed by department chair/dean.
Flow Chart Image of the above:
click to enlarge - see attachments above for original files to edit and update
Side note regarding evaluation of adjuncts:
- All first semester adjunct courses are visited by Dean for evaluation. Dean sets up visitation time with instructor. If in Vancko Hall, instructor can add/remove Dean as student in course. If in WebCT, request must be sent to Coordinator.
- All "student evaluation of instruction" forms for adjuncts go to Dean as well as adjunct.