How to Submit
- Click the "Upload files" button
- Click on "Add..." or simply drag and drop the file into the file picker
- If you select "Add..." the file picker will pop up. Select "Browse..." and select the file to upload. When done, click the "Upload this file" button
- Click the "Save changes" button
- If your assignment requires it, click the "Send for marking" button
For more information about "Send for Marking," Click Here.
How to Confirm Submission
- Look under the "Submission" heading. Any files listed there have been submitted
What is this assignment for?
An instructor would use the assignment with advanced uploading of files to have students submit any paper/project they may have created in another piece of software (a word processor, for example). For example, you may want students to upload a brief summary of a presentation they have prepared in Word and then a full PowerPoint presentation to accompany it. While there is an option for a single file upload assignment, you can set the advanced uploading of files assignment to only allow one file as well. Considering the advanced functionality of the advanced uploading of files assignment, the single file upload assignment is generally unnecessary.
The benefits of the advanced file uploading assignment include multiple file submission, allowing students to type a message alongside their submission, and returning your own file as feedback. In other words, if you want to comment directly on a student's paper using Track Changes or the commenting feature in Microsoft Office and re-upload this file as part of your feedback, you have this option. You can also simply grade the assignment and provide feedback in the traditional Moodle interface.
Adding this assignment to a course?
From any module block, select the "Add an activity or resource" menu and select "Advanced uploading of file."