Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is used to add a layer of security to your Delhi email account.
The following instructions will assist with setting up MFA and logging in.
|title||Setting up Multi Factor Authentication - Cell and Office Phone|
- Upon logging into email you will be prompted to enter additional info to enable MFA.
- Select 'I want to set up a different method'
- We recommend setting up your office phone with the 'Call me' option
You will receive a phone call to verify the number you entered.
- For the second option select 'Text me a code' and enter your cell phone number.
You will receive a text to confirm the number you entered.
|title||Setting up Multi Factor Authentication - MS Authenticator App|
If you would like to use the Microsoft Authenticator app start by installing the app from Google Play or the App Store
From your phone press the three vertical dotsAdd an account' and 'Work or School'then '
Use the QR code option or sign in to link your Authentication App to your Delhi email account
|title||Logging in with Multi Factor Authentication|
When logging into Office 365 apps (Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, etc) you will be prompted to verify your identity
- Login in at the Single Sign On screen with your username and password
- Select a method of verification and follow the instructions.
- For phone verification you will receive a phone call
- For text verification you will receive a code to enter
- MS Authenticator will have you approve the sign in from the app
- You should now be logged into email