When writing a forum post sometimes there are problems, such as power outages, browser freezing, you hit cancel instead of post, or you might take so long composing the forum message that your session is logged out and your work is lost. To avoid this frustration and loss of time, there are two options:
- Gibberish: <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;
**To be safe: compose text only in a text editor as above, or use a word processor, save your work, and then paste it into the discussion forums using the steps below, and do the formatting in the forum.
For more information, *please see the FAQ about the HTML Editor which has information about this.
The best way to prevent formatting issues is to paste text into a forum like this:
- First click the Toggle HTML icon (which looks like this: < > ) BEFORE pasting in any text from another program.
- Paste in the text (you may remove the <br /> when pasting), and then edit the raw, unformatted text.
- Then click the Toggle HTML icon < > again
- Then use the HTML toolbar to edit the message, adding bold, italics, underlining, etc.
- And finally, submit the post.
- Remember, you will have 60 minutes from the time you click "Post to forum" to edit or delete the post.