- Assists with Operating System administration for campus-wide servers.
- Monitors production systems for operational problems.
- Performs advanced diagnosis of production system reported problems coming from the Service Center
- Provides technical support to Client Support Services for Desktop and Server based service troubleshooting.
- Responsible for academic departments lab software deployment.
- Documents work in ticket tracking software
- Review, comments, contributes and authors documentation and projects in the enterprise documentation repository (currently Confluence).
- Performs Quality Assurance testing of new software and patches before deployment.
- Makes System Administrator approved changes to Group Policies
- Monitors daily patch management status, antivirus status.
- Prepares software for deployment to end-user systems.
- Resets password and creates new user accounts on systems.
- Works with Telecommunications-Administrator to troubleshoot reported production system problems.
- Monitors backup systems for college servers
- Maintains software licensing records at the direction of the campus-wide Software License Manager