For all practicum courses, faculty will evaluate the planned clinical practicum experiences. The final course grade is determined by course faculty and includes the student's practicum preceptor evaluation.
BSN Practicum Courses
- NURS 400: 45 practicum hours are completed by Week 7.
- 18 hours with a nurse manager
- 6 hours with risk management personnel
- 21 hours allocated to the Change Project assignment.
- The confirmation of hours must be received by faculty by the end of week 4, and/or before Assignment 2 is submitted.
- Faculty sends the preceptor the links for evaluation surveys for the student and program, once the confirmation of hours has been submitted by the preceptor.
- Final confirmation of hours and completed evaluation of student by preceptor are due by the last day of class.
2. NURS 610: (MS in Nursing Administration): 75 hours in administration practicum-related activities are completed by week 6, allocated as follows:
3.NURS 605: (MS in Nursing Education): 75 hours in nurse educator practicum-related activities are completed by week 6, allocated as follows:
4.NURS 611: (MS in Nursing Administration): 75 hours in administration practicum-related activities are completed by week 6, allocated as follows:
- Following the trial for a year during COVID-19, faculty voted to decrease the mandatory peer response to one/week, maintaining the 2-day attendance requirement. Courses that require more than one peer response are able to do this, with clear announcements.
- Faculty must utilize the BSN or MSN DQ Grading Rubric forms to provide feedback. The rubric is on the Course Home Page (formerly in the Start Here module) and should be posted as a pdf document. The MS Word version of the rubric should be placed under the (hidden) Faculty Resources/Course Management Procedures tab in the course.
- DQ grading comments should be individualized for each student and included constructive and respectful feedback. Refrain from using a formulaic reply that is very similar from student to student.
- Post DQ grades within 48 hours after the week has ended (no later than Tuesday 2359).
- Assignment grades should be posted within 5 days of the submission due date, and announce to students when grades are posted.
- If the grade is near the minimum for passing, or below the acceptable passing score, the instructor should send out a Starfish flag to alert the student and include a full description of the academic issue.
- Faculty are to utilize the grading rubric either inserted into Moodle, or pasted above the cover page of a written assignment or as a separate document as needed for other types of assignment submissions. Feedback should reflect individualized comments that address both content and APA formatting. Faculty may provide feedback using a variety of modalities.
- Faculty will follow the late penalty outlined in the course syllabus for DQ's and assignments, as applicable.
- No extra credit is available or permitted.