Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is used to add a layer of security to your Delhi email account.
The following instructions will assist with setting up MFA and logging in.
Login verification can only be done by text, call, or the Authenticator App
If you no longer have access to the phone you setup please contact the Help Desk
- Upon logging into email you will be prompted to enter additional info to enable MFA.
- Select 'I want to set up a different method'
- We recommend setting up your office phone with the 'Call me' option
You will receive a phone call to verify the number you entered.
- For the second option select 'Text me a code' and enter your cell phone number.
You will receive a text to confirm the number you entered.
If you would like to use the Microsoft Authenticator app start by installing the app from Google Play or the App Store
From your phone press the three vertical dotsthen 'Add an account' and 'Work or School'
Use the QR code option or sign in to link your Authentication App to your Delhi email account
When logging into Office 365 apps (Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, etc) you will be prompted to verify your identity
- Login in at the Single Sign On screen with your username and password
- Select a method of verification and follow the instructions.
- For phone verification you will receive a phone call
- For text verification you will receive a code to enter
- MS Authenticator will have you approve the sign in from the app
- You should now be logged into email
You have access to change, add, or remove verification methods by logging into this link:
You can choose between the following verification methods:
- Office Phone
- Alternate Phone
- Authenticator app
Keep getting prompted to authenticate in your browser?
Every time you open your browser fresh
Look for clearing cookies and site data when you close windows is here (copy and paste into chrome and press enter): chrome://settings/cookies?
If you are using the Outlook app on your cellphone, you will not need to verify each time, just when you change your password.
You could use another browser like Edge or Chrome for your work email