How do I change my Network password when it expires?
In an effort to increase network security and comply with NY State Security Audits, we are implementing a password enforcement policy. This policy will require that all users change their password twice yearly (every 180 days).
- Be at least 8 characters in length
- Contain at least 1 uppercase character
- Contain at least 1 lowercase character
- Contain at least 1 number or character
- Your password should not contain personal information, such as your name, your child's name, your dog's name, or your birth date, a prior password, or any common words.
- Never write down your password.
- Never share your password with anyone.
1) When your password is going to expire you will see a popup in the bottom right of your screen.
2) Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete buttons at the same time on your keyboard
3) Click 'Change a password'
4) You should now see the Change Password screen.
Your Username should already be in that field. (It will display as SDEL_ADMV\doejd or firstname.lastname@example.org)
5) Click Arrow button that is to the right of the last field. Your password change is now complete.