On Monday, November 3rd, from 1-3:30 p.m. in Sanford 116, Ellen Murphy visited SUNY Delhi and share her experience working with Mahara ePortfolio and integrating with Moodle.
Ellen Murphy is the Director of Technology Integration for The Sage Colleges, as well as the acting Director of Distance Learning. Her degree is Curriculum Design and Instructional Technology and she holds a Distance Learning Certificate from Indiana University. Before coming to Sage, Ms Murphy was a Distance Learning Consultant for Adult Basic Education in the State of Vermont. She was also a Computer Applications Teacher, Instructional Technologist and Web Designer. Ellen was a leader in developing e-portfolios for use in K-12 schools in the State of Vermont, attaining a School to Work grant from the Department of Employment and Training to support her efforts.
1. The advantages of an open source portfolio system
2. What are the uses of an eportfolio
3. The basic how-tos: how do users create a profile, add content, and share their portfolios
4. Social networking aspects of Mahara
5. How does Mahara integrate with Moodle
6. Anything else you would like her to address.
Delhi Mahara test server: http://delhitools.net/mahara/