College Council Report
(Cabinet member: Bonnie Martin)
Engaging Students for Success
- Avimark Veterinary software has been deployed on computers in Farnsworth Hall for student\lab use
- Accepted Student Day AV support
Achieving Academic Excellence
- CIS staff had preliminary discussions with Science faculty regarding a donder gift which will allo integration of presentation technolgy into one of the science labs. This will hopefully become a model going forward.
- Also had discussions regarding a large format printer that can be used throught the sciences and other divisions. This would be part of the donor gift as well.
- Elploring ways to improve Bush 131 as well as other surge areas that will be used as teaching locations.
- Added infrasturcture for 2 surge classrooms in Thurston Hall.
Sustaining Educational Innovation
- Windows 7 operating system has been installed in the writing center as well as on many more faculty and staff computers.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- We are working on implementing an on-line Time and Attendance system for Faculty and Staff which utilizes the SUNY Portal. ( Update) - Ready for testing.
Promoting Environmental Stewardship
- Coordinated large electronic waste pick up as a result of Phase I of the Sanford move.
Accomplishing Service Excellence and Operational Efficiencies
- VoIP phone and campus network connections established in Sanford job trailer. Currently 4 connections to the trailer for 3 staff and 1 printer.
- 1130 closed tickets.
- Print Management and Monitoring software was installed (Lexmark Fleet Tracker)
- Streamlined the VPN setup and installation process
- Faculty\Staff transition from BPOS\OWA to Office 365 has been scheduled, we are busily working to ensure a smooth transition, more information will be coming shortly.
- SAN and Blade Center received, will be installing and turning up in the next 30-45 days. That puts VDI on the table for a summer project/completion for computer labs.
- Delhi has a Moodle test instance in place fully connected to Banner, Active Directory and Live@Edu. Will be working with new online edu person to coordinate the transition from Moodlerooms to in house hosting. Preparing to bring up test instance for Cobleskill, vision is to host for both campuses.
- VOIP upgrades and vitualization scheduled for April Break. Current servers are not new enough to go from V 7.1.3 to V8.6. Annese and Associates will be send an Engineer to campus to ensure things go smoothly.
- Beta Testing is occurring on migrating our automated patch solution from PatchLink to WSUS which will save us about $10K/year if successful.
- S&N preparing for two major staffing changes. SIP search under way, SA search starting shortly.
- pre-positioning for Sanford closure. While we do not know where everything is moving, we are switching users to VoIP phones and looking to do anything we can to reduce the pain in the mass exodus upcoming from that building.
- Day Care Build appears 99% complete from working infrastructure. Remaining items are staff training and a phone capable of displaying live video from the front entrance that's dependent upon out upgrade of VoIP to V8.6. The vendor supplied the phone for our evaluation at no cost.
- CADI is proposing virtualizing their MICROS POS server this summer. This would improve reliability of that system and require provisioning in the data center.
- CADI installing non-standard Video surveillance system in MacDonald Hall, asking for support.